Friday, May 21, 2010

Car Wash

Today seemed like a great day to wash the car. It was still, sunny, and no warnings of rain for the weekend. Me and my cute little sundress took my Civic to one of those do-it-yourself car washing/car vacuuming/scent infusing places that only takes quarters. In preparation for this, I made sure to break my ten dollar bill buying a magazine earlier in the day so I could have some ones to exchange for quarters at the car wash. As you know, do-it-yourself car washing takes some planning ahead.


I plugged a few quarters into the machine and started the high pressure soap. One problem - there was a slight leak between the hose and the nozzle and a steady stream of water was drenching my feet. No biggie, I could endure getting my flip flops wet. However, the nozzle leak steadily worsened. It started to spray my legs, then it was misting my dress. By the time I'd soaped half the car, it was blasting more soapy water at my head than at the car and I gave up. 


I walked in the oil and lube place next door that had the same name as the car wash, assuming someone there could help me. My soaked dress dripping soapy water all over the floor, and the attendant chuckled at my soaked-ness (I'm declaring that a new word) while explaining that they didn't own the car wash, so they couldn't do anything. Oh well. I moved my soapy car to a new stall, and just as I finished the wash I heard screaming from my previous stall. I peeked around the corner to see an elderly woman in a very nice pants suit being assaulted by the evil nozzle. Whoops. If I had been paying attention I could have warned her not to use that stall...


She took one look at me and laughed. "It got you too, huh?"






Moral of the story: Do NOT use the car wash on Colorado by the mall. Or if you must, wear a bathing suit. 

3 comments:

  1. that might be one of the most humoring, endearing things I've read in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! at least you were trying to save the earth by using the Car Wash instead of doing it at your house :) I'm proud of you for sacrificing your dryness for the world. We should all be thanking you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. UPDATE PLEASE! we need to see that flourishing garden! stat! :)

    ReplyDelete