Saturday, March 6, 2010

Updates

Thanks to everyone who was praying for my grandpa's recovery - he is now with my parents back home in Midland recovering :) He's eating sans feeding tube, walking with a walker, and showering. Woo hoo! We are VERY thankful that his recovery has gone this well.




In other news (and very MINOR news compared to the praise above), my knees are feeling great and I've been able to SLOWLY bump my barefoot-esque running up to 2 miles. Yay Vibrams - I sure do love you.




Now that the weather is finally starting to resemble spring, I've started daydreaming about our vegetable garden again. After having learned from my mistakes last year (don't plant watermelon or pumpkin, they will take over your tiny yard and you will get approximately 1 watermelon and 1 pumpkin...), I planned out our crops. 

Yesterday was so beautiful outside that I set to work uprooting remnants of dead tomato vines and dried up bean stalks and chopping it up for compost. I also dug up some compost from the bottom of our bin (which smelled lovely for sure) and mixed it in with our existing beds. I have a whole new respect for my husband now. He built the bed for me last summer by hacking up the ground with a pick-ax. I stir a little dirt up and I have a VERY sore back this morning. My hubby is a hoss. 

I now have my little seeds germinating in preparation for planting outside in a few weeks. I can't wait. Watching plants grow definitely stirs my affections for the Lord.



Love you-

K

2 comments:

  1. KEL! ME TOO!! We've had tons of these conversations, and yet, I feel the need to say it again... Gardening (watching these things spring up from what looks like nothing) DEFINITELY stirs my affection for Him. Love you. I love that we share this together :) I can't wait to see both of our gardens in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha! i love how you've got people fighting over you on jen's page just for you to be "our" canadian... :) p.s. i had better win that one. I'll give you the dollar... :)

    ReplyDelete