Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!

This morning the alarm went off. I pressed snooze. Twelve times, like usual. And I kept waiting for Eagle Alert to call my phone to tell me the university was closed. Alas, the call did not come. I checked facebook - Denise Power's status said that Denton ISD was closed. So I went to work, then promptly turned around and came home an hour later when they decided to close the school. SNOW DAY!


When Jer got home we built a snowman, then warmed up by the fire. I commented (with complete seriousness) that this was a perfect opportunity to catch up on the house cleaning, since we were both off work. In fact, it wouldn't take long at all if we both pitched in! He laughed and informed me that snow days were not for cleaning, they were for being lazy, and what planet did I come from to make me think otherwise? But since I have a stud of a husband, he pitched in and cleaned the floors because he loves me :) 


Tonight we get to enjoy some Harry Potter with the Powers, and Jer and I both get to relax because night classes are cancelled! 



The driveway was so slippery, that within a few minutes of 
Jeremy parking at the top of  the driveway, his car had already slid down into the alley!






Cooper was NOT sure about the snow. This was the most he's ever seen.












My $9 snowboots from a WalMart in Idaho have proved very in handy in Texas. Who knew?
They're very "Napoleon Dynamite" :)









Snowflake on the eyelash






Stud of a snowman



Happy snow day!

Love, 
The Irwins

3 comments:

  1. Jax is wondering if you can come build a snowman like that at his house. We don't have that much snow yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Wish we had the snow here. It's fun to see the pics of how you spent your day. BTW, is Cooper getting fat???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, no Cooper is just as trim as ever, I guess the picture is just from an "unflattering angle" :)

    ReplyDelete