Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vows

After numerous requests for our vows to be posted, I've finally gotten around to it!


JEREMY'S VOWS
Kelley Rae,


It is hard for me to express in words my love for you. In previous drafts of this script I have found that I do not have the ability to use creative verbs and adjectives to describe how I feel. It is much easier for me to describe characteristics that I love about you. Hopefully none of these will be new for you to hear from me, because I try to speak of them often. 


Kelley, I love your passion for others. I love the leader that God has formed you into. I love the simple things such as your smile, your laugh, and your little thumb.  I love the way you confront me and question me when I'm wrong. And your family - who is there not to love and which of them has not showered me in love? Most of all I love your heart for our God and your consistent pursuit to have more of Him.


These are reasons why I want to marry you and these are reason why my heart aches when I'm not with you.


Kelley, I promise to love and protect you. I vow to give myself up for you in whatever form that might take. I will never take my love away from you. I promise to try to be creative in the way that I express my desire for you. I will be a man of my word and act with integrity. I promise to be an imitator of Christ in our home and to lead our family in the way of righteousness. I vow to pursue you in a non-self-gratifying way, with all my strength and all of my mind.







KELLEY'S VOWS
Jeremy,


There are so many reasons why I love you that it is difficult to say just a few today. First and foremost, I love you and respect you because you love the Lord. His character shines in you, and I love how you strive daily to look more like Him. You spur my heart towards Christ - you are my encourager, my spiritual leader, and my protector. I love you because you treat me like I am precious to you - I always feel safe. I love you because you're goofy, you always make me smile. 


Your love for people is inspiring. You are the most serving man I've ever known. You exhibit Christ well in this. I love that you love my family and those who are important to me. I love that you are hard-working, honest, trustworthy and loyal - a man to be respected by all. You live above reproach.


Jeremy, I vow to be your wife - to keep the covenant of our marriage above all else. I will make Christ my first priority and you my second, and strive to live in a way that points you to Christ. I promise to respect you, trust your leadership and submit to you. I will strive to love you as Christ loves - unselfishly, unconditionally, and without end. 


I vow to pray continuously for you and our children, and be your helper and faithfully build you up. I will stay young at heart and always take time to be silly with you so we keep our home full of laughter. I promise to be by your side, through thick and thin, wealth and poverty, happiness and sorrow, as your wife and best friend until the Lord calls us home.


Jeremy, I am so excited to spend the rest of my life learning how to love you well.




More wedding photos to come soon!!


1 comment: