Sunday, September 6, 2009

Married! Woo hoo! And some honeymoon pictures...


Here we are – back in Denton, settled into our house (which does have a working air conditioner now – yippee!).  We have been married for three weeks. It seems like it’s been a year. Not that there’s anything negative attached to that statement – being married just seems natural, it feels like finally being home.  I daily revel in all the little joys that marriage brings: Jeremy’s hand reaching over to rest on my shoulder in the middle of the night, cooking dinner together, waking up early to get him coffee (or waking up to coffee on my nightstand if he gets up first). It’s also amazing how much you realize you don’t know about a person until you live with them. For instance – Jeremy would drink 10 gallons of juice a week if I would let him. Unfortunately our modest budget doesn’t allow for such juicy extravagance. Jeremy is also surprisingly clean and tidy. And not just compared to other men – the guy is super-tidy. He does the dishes nearly every night. Sigh, I love my husband.


 
We will hopefully have wedding  photos to put up soon, but for now here are some honeymoon photos. 





Our first night at dinner on our cruise - just leaving Miami.





Our private balcony in our room!





Mr. & Mrs. Shoes :)










Jeremy's sister Rachel made reservations at the steak house on board for us - Delicious!





Grand Cayman - Sting Ray City





This is supposed to bring 7 years of good luck...





Rum Point Beach, Grand Cayman










Tired from snorkeling





Honeymooners!






























Our view of Honduras when we woke up





Tabyana Beach, Honduras





Somewhere in the middle of the jungle, Belize





This much enthusiasm was hard for me to muster at the time....


A few days earlier, we signed up for an excursion in Belize to go on a zip line/rappelling tour through the jungle. The information packet said there was a short bus ride. Just in case, I took 2 dramamine before boarding the tender boat to travel from our ship to the shore that day. I failed to notice that they were not "non-drowsy". Two minutes into our tender boat right, my eyes were rolling back in my head, my mind was getting fuzzy, and then I was out. I woke up enough to disembark the boat on shore and climb into the bus that would take us into the jungle. A school bus. Probably as old as we are. And we got the second to last seat. That's right - the bumpy seat. Ten minutes into our "short" ride - the pavement ended. For the next hour and fifty minutes, we were tossed and jostled around the bus - every once in a while hitting a dip large enough to cause a collective "ugh!" from all passengers. Thank goodness I'd taken dramamine, or I would have been motion sick for sure! Instead, I was asleep. I couldn't help it, my eyes wouldn't open. I woke up briefly each time my head would bounce particularly hard off Jeremy's shoulder or the window, but was only awake long enough to acknowledge the pain in my head before I drifted off again.


Thank goodness the quick zip line trips far above the jungle floor (whilst watching nervously for panthers) and the sudden drops while holding on to only a rope were enough to wake me up. I stayed bright-eyed and coherent for the entire two-hour bumpy ride back to the dock, while Jeremy slept through the jostling. Without the aid of dramamine, I might add. 















The beautiful sunset from our balcony








3 comments:

  1. love it. so happy for you two. i'd love to come visit you guys soon and have a date night. maybe we can come hang out there for our anniversary in october!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumped to follow your blog!! You looked amazing in your wedding pictures on facebook. Wish I could take you out for a coffee and just chat! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYY for blogs! Love the pictures :) I updated mine just for you.

    ReplyDelete