Thursday, October 27, 2011

More (Belated) House Before-and-Afters

Well renovations have been finished (for now) for a couple of months, and I'm FINALLY getting around to posting a few more of our before and after pics. Click here for the first set of house photos.


One of the rooms that changed the most was our living room:


Before:







We had tons of friends and family helping out constantly to help us paint and get everything ready for move-in!


After:




Jeremy's baby in this house was definitely the fireplace. We had a vision of a beautiful stone fireplace and concrete hearth, and this is what the house came with:


So for two months Jeremy demolished the old fireplace...



Framed out a symmetrical one (who makes a fireplace weirdly unsymmetrical?!)...


Carved a new mantle out of cedar...


Poured a concrete base for a hearth...



Complete with our names in the concrete :)


And layered moisture barrier, metal lathe, mud, stone, and grout...




Which was the messiest project I've EVER seen!



And finally, voila!

After:






We have some dreams for the kitchen, but so most we've done so far is paint and replace this stove that was older than me and burned EVERYTHING:


With this one:



My yoga room was originally the only room in the house with carpet (and it was nasty!). My FANTASTIC brother-in-law and father-in-law laid gorgeous wood flooring for me:


And Jeremy built me shelves for all my teaching equipment. I love having this little space!




Still to come (Eventually) - master bathroom renovations are on hold for quite a while, but the baby room will be ready in a couple of months. It's currently our office/music room and a disaster :)

Thanks for peeking in!


K











No comments:

Post a Comment