Thursday, April 15, 2010

Therefore I Have Hope

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love for us we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for him.'
Lamentations 3:21-24


This passage is resonating in my mind this afternoon. The word "portion" used here is the Hebrew word cheleq, which means a reward from God. 

The Lord is my portion. 

The Lord is my reward

The Lord is the reward awaiting me as I leave this world in which I am a stranger, an alien,  and an eternal soul cloaked in a mortal body. We should long to see him face to face. We should feel just a bit uncomfortable in this skin of ours because it's not our home...

There is no sorrow in death, but rejoicing in eternal life because of his GREAT love for us.

Pray for my friends who are experiencing earthly sorrow as a loved one goes to meet Jesus. Read about their hope here.



The Lord is my reward, so I will wait for him.

- K


1 comment:

  1. Love that. In Phillipians it talks about running the race to win the price--and the price is KNOWIN HIM! He's the prize--the reward. I love the simplicity in that. John 17:3 says that this is eternal life that they may know you and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. Anyway, pumped at what God is showing you Kel--he is our reward. Knowing Him is the goal and the prize. Love you!

    ReplyDelete