Sunday, October 25, 2009

Secrets of a Pandora Junkie

I love Pandora. For those of you not in the know, Pandora is a wonderful online radio website that allows you to create your own stations based on artists you like (www.pandora.com). I have somewhere in the realm of 12 stations, and pride myself in being a connoisseur of great music: John Mayer, Sigur Ros, Ingrid Michaelson, etc. etc. 


Then I was suckered. I don't know when it started, but one day a Miley Cyrus song didn't make me immediately cringe, change the radio station, and grunt something about "teen pop music". Then I began to actually LIKE the song - then to hope that it would be on when I got in the car! I was ashamed. Eight year-olds everywhere idolize this girl. That alone means I should NOT be a fan! One afternoon when preparing dinner while Jeremy was still at work, I couldn't get it out of my head. I needed to hear it. So I stooped WAY low. I created a Miley Cyrus Pandora station. 


I got past the guilt of the situation and was enjoying my time cooking and jamming to Miley and Jonas Brothers, when I heard the garage door raise. I could NOT be caught jamming to such an abomination!! I sprinted to my computer, sliding across the wood floor, just in time to click the "Michael Jackson" station as Jeremy strolled in the door. He was thrilled to find me listening to his favorite station, and I got a big kiss and major props for musical good taste. 


I was a faker. 


Later that evening I felt so guilty for deceiving my husband, that I decided I had to confess. As we climbed into the car, I began "Babe, I have to tell you something. But you have to promise not to think less of me, ok?" A look of slight panic and worry spread across Jeremy's face..... "When you came home earlier, I wasn't really listening to Michael Jackson. I changed it so you wouldn't catch me"..... long pause before I gathered the guts..... "listening to my Miley Cyrus station!!" 


Jeremy laughed so hard he didn't speak for 5 minutes.


So now it's out in the open. I kinda like Miley Cyrus. Just had to write a confession to get it off my chest. 


Don't judge too harshly ;) 

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Nothing else to say. :)

    well, other than, maybe, "I'm so proud!" ;) hahaha! i knew i'd get to you one day...

    those evenings of me planting the little Miley seed in your subconcious as I (and sometimes JEREMY!!!well, ok, only once...) watched the Hannah Montana show on Disney... :)

    You're Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute. That's what makes you a good musician--you have to like all kinds!

    ReplyDelete