Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Writing non-English blog posts in a name that is not yet mine...

I created this blog far before we are actually Jeremy and Kelley Irwin because I know myself well... I am technologically illiterate. I knew it would take me the two months from now until the wedding to finally figure out templates, titles, photos and how to create a post.

One problem that I did not anticipate was finding my blog in Spanish. I do not speak a lick of Spanish. Actually I'm lying a little, I know a few phrases, left over from a mission trip to Mexico years ago. I can say Jesus Christo, I can say iglesia, and I can say no habla espanol. I can also sing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart....." I do not, however, know what such phrases as "datos personales" and "archivo del blog" mean ( besides the obvious educated guess).

This long-winded explanation only serves to demonstrate my technological illiterateness. Somehow my blog is in Spanish. I have little motivation to fix this, as I can pretty much guarantee I won't figure it out.

So here is my first blog post on our family blog page. As I sit on our first couch in our first house (which Jeremy does not live in yet...) sweating in our first living room because our first air conditioning is el crappo.

I cannot express how much I appreciate each and every one of you who will one day read this (52 days from now when I finally admit I made our family blog 52 days before we were a family). You have supported us, encouraged us, and blessed us beyond measure. We are so excited to share our wedding day with you.

Until then, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment